We’re happy to announce that St Pete Beach was recently named one of the top five beaches in the United States yet again, according to TripAdvisor. Beach life, regardless of the season, never gets old here at Gulf Strand Resort. Our lavish, heated pool and gulf-view St Pete Beach condo rentals are steps from white sand, calm waves, and seemingly endless beach activities. When you’re not savoring a glass of wine on your private balcony, hooking a trophy shark, or grilling tasty barbecue on our covered picnic area, we recommend strolling down to St Pete Beach for several hours of exploration, relaxation, and underwater fun!
5 Beach Activities to Try This Summer
Keep reading to learn about five of our favorite beach activities here at Gulf Strand Resort.
1. Picnic – There’s nothing more satisfying after several hours of swimming, splashing, and sunbathing than a delicious picnic. We recommend packing smoked turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, crisp vegetables, and refreshing iced tea – a meal that the whole family can agree upon!
2. Build a Sandcastle – Whether you’re planning to create a masterpiece or just pile a bunch of sand in unique shapes, building a sandcastle with your kids is one of the most affordable and gratifying beach activities for parents. Remember to use moist sand that’s found below the tide line, add water periodically, and work from top to bottom.
3. Paint the Landscape – One of the rarest beach activities that we typically recommend to our guests is painting a heavenly Gulf of Mexico landscape. Pack your compact paint kits and medium-sized canvases, stroll down to St Pete Beach, and channel your inner Bob Ross. There’s nothing quite like basking in the golden Gulf Coast sunlight, watching the teal waves lap onto the pristine shoreline, and painting calculated brushstrokes on a blank canvas.
4. Read a Thrilling Novel – Bookworms are always searching for the next best summertime beach reads, and nothing captures your attention quite like a slow-burning thriller. Instant classics such as Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train, Dan Wells’ John Cleaver series, the Wayward Pines trilogy, and Before the Fall make perfect beach reads for those who like a heavy dose of mystery.
5. Frisbee – We’re assuming that you’ll be spending several hours swimming, jogging, and tossing a football around during your tropical getaway to Gulf Strand Resort. But one of the most overlooked beach activities worth trying this summer is a good, old-fashioned game of frisbee. Tossing around a “flying disc” is a lot of fun on St Pete Beach because the Gulf Coast winds provide an extra challenge (and there’s nothing more amusing than diving into warm, white sand for an errant frisbee).
Gulf-Front St Pete Beach Resorts
Start each morning with a steaming cup of fresh-brewed coffee on your private, gulf-view balcony at dawn before enjoying a hearty breakfast inside your gourmet kitchen. After spending your days shopping in John’s Pass, parasailing high above the Gulf, and relishing several beach activities, retreat to our heated pool area around dusk. The heartwarming sunsets on St Pete Beach are the perfect combination of amber, lavender, and Tuscany! To book a well-deserved summertime escape to lively St Pete Beach, please give us a call today at 1-800-628-0053, or visit at GulfStrand.com.